Earlier this week, I posted about the Top 5 Trends in Luxury Family Travel, one of which was spa treatments for kids and teens. These are definitely popular both here and abroad with hotels from California to Cape Town to Florence offering specialized treatments just for kids, tweens and teens. Take a look at 10 luxury hotel spas catering to the younger set.
1. Beverly Wilshire. At the Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills, CA, look for a variety of “star treatments,” like The Pop Star (hand and foot treatments) and The Superstar (mani and pedi), as well as children’s spa services inspired by the book, Larry Gets Lost in Los Angeles. One service, “Larry Gets Pampered in the Spa,” includes a vitamin C hand and foot exfoliation, followed by a hand and foot massage.
2. The Hotel Hershey. Head to The Spa at The Hotel Hershey in Pennsylvania for a selection of treatments designed just for teens, like clarifying facials, chocolate moisturizing massages and makeup lessons. One to try is the Teen Chocolate Spa Prescription Facial, which includes a skin cleansing, exfoliation, facial massage and customized mask based on skin type.
3. Round Hill Hotel & Villas. At the Round Hill Hotel & Villas in Montego Bay, Jamaica, teens can order off the It’s All About Me teen spa menu, which includes services such as massages, facials and pedicures. The Aromapure Herbal Lavender Repair Facial is perfect for teens with acne prone skin and includes a primer on skin care basics for glowing skin.
4. Hotel Del Coronado. Teens ages 13 and up can enjoy several custom teen spa packages at the Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado, CA. One package, the Teen Spa Sundae, features an ice cream float bath, a 25-minute sugar scrub (using Spreckels sugar) and a 25-minute frosting massage. The Teen Treats package is also popular and includes services such as salt scrubs and back facials.
5. Il Salviatino. At Il Salviatino in Florence, Italy, a variety of luxury spa treatments are available for children (ages 6-12) and teens. Children can enjoy a relaxing butter massage or the “fresh face” facial treatment with baby powder. Teens can experience the purifying “teenager” facial treatment or the cocoa butter body peel for smooth, hydrated skin.
6. Aulani. At Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa near Honolulu, Painted Sky is a popular retreat for teens (ages 13-17), offering luxury spa services, such as organic facials, makeup consultations, sports massages and manicures. The spa also offers “Minnie Me” treatments for those ages 12 and under, including polish changes, manicures, pedicures and shimmer makeup application.
7. Armathwaite Hall Country House & Spa. Across the pond at the Armathwaite Hall Country House & Spa in Keswick, England, teens are treated to a variety of spa services designed to meet the needs of teenage skin, such as exfoliations and purifying gel masks. The spa also offers a “Parent and Teen Just Be Together Half Day Spa” package, which includes side-by-side facials and relaxation at the spa.
8. Bear Creek Mountain Resort. At Bear Creek Mountain Resort, a four season resort in Macungie, PA, teens can enjoy a variety of services, such as a Teen Express Facial, Teen Massage and a Star Treatment Wrap, which includes a body polish and a vanilla body butter finish. Meanwhile, little ones (ages 6-12) can be treated to a Cinderella Facial or an Ice Cream Sundae Manicure & Pedicure.
9. Wintergreen Resort. In Central Virginia at Wintergreen Resort, teens can enjoy luxury spa services at the Youth Spa, such as facials, massages and manicures. Try the Teen Footloose Pedicure, which includes an ice cream foot soak, a sherbet-flavored scrub and an ice cream foot masque. Or, enjoy Diva Day with Mom for a girls’ spa day complete with massages and pedicures.
10. The Bay Hotel. At The Bay Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa kids and teens can receive several luxury spa treatments at Mint Wellness, the on-site spa. Teens can look forward to a Pro-Youth Hydra-Matte Facial or an AromaVine Relaxing Massage. Little ones can enjoy Funky Fingers or Twinkle Toes, kiddie versions of manicures and pedicures, both of which include a tasty fruit smoothie.
Photo Credit: Aulani