Over the summer, I shared 20 Free Things to Do with Kids in San Diego. Nearly 200 of you pinned this post on Pinterest (thank you!), so clearly saving money on a fun family getaway to San Diego is of interest. Well, guess what. Throughout the entire month of October, you can save even more as part of the annual Kids Free San Diego promotion. Take a look:
1. Kids Get in Free at 30+ Museums. Grab the printable coupon on the San Diego Museum Council website and bring it with you to more than 30 museums, including the New Children’s Museum and the California Surf Museum. You’ll get two free children’s admissions with every paid adult admission.
2. Kids Get in Free at Top Theme Parks. This month, head to SeaWorld where children ages 3-9 get in free with each paid adult. Or, spend the day at LEGOLAND. Print out the coupon to get one free one-day child hopper ticket with the purchase of an adult hopper ticket to use at both LEGOLAND and SEA LIFE Aquarium.
3. Kids Ride Free on the Pacific Surfliner. All month long, one child ages 2-15 rides free with each paid adult on Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner. Ride from Oceanside, Old Town San Diego or San Diego Downtown to points north including Orange County, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo.
4. Kids Sail Free on Multiple Cruises & Sailing Tours. Enjoy one or two free children’s tickets with every paying adult with several cruise and sailboat operators, including Sail San Diego, San Diego Sailing Tours, Hornblower Cruisers, Flagship Cruises and Bahia Belle (Sternwheeler Cruise).
5. Kids Eat Free at Select Hotels. Stay the night at a number of hotels across the San Diego area and get a free kids meal with each paid adult meal. Participating hotels include Hotel Del Coronado, Bahia Resort Hotel, Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa and Crowne Plaza San Diego, among others.
Go online to the San Diego Tourism Authority website to learn more about the 100+ freebies you can access as part of this year’s Kids Free San Diego promotion.
Photo Credit: Mattijs Grannetia