Beyond kids clubs and kid-friendly menus, a number of top hotels are going the extra mile for the littlest guests in their hotels, according to Five Star Alliance. Among the top trends in luxury family travel: children’s concierges, spa treatments just for kids and special bedtime services. Take a look at the five trends and which hotels and resorts are on board.
1. On-Site Waterparks. No need to leave the resort when a waterpark is on-site for the kids to enjoy all day. Little ones will love the pirate ship-themed waterpark at Beaches resorts in Turks & Caicos and Jamaica. Meanwhile, Hawks Cay Resort in Duck Key, FL boasts a saltwater lagoon that’s perfect for snorkeling and paddling on tiki boats. Or, try the pirate ship pool with slides, water cannons and raining palm trees.
2. Children’s Concierges. London is leading the way as a number of hotels, including St. James’s Hotel and Club, The Athenaeum and The Goring, each offer concierge services for children and families. Meanwhile, various Millenium Hotels offer the Ask Alfred Children’s Concierge, a $15/per child add-on amenity that includes a teddy bear, postcards, stickers, coloring books and a yummy treat.
3. Chocolate Treats & Sweets. Stay at the Four Seasons Chicago and receive a visit from the Ice Cream Man or the Hot Chocolate Doc for make-your-own sundaes and hot chocolate delivered right to your hotel room. Or, stay at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago and set up an afternoon visit from the Candy Man who is available to stop by guest rooms with a traveling candy cart.
4. Spa Treatments for Kids & Teens. A number of resorts continue to offer dedicated spa services for kids and teens, including The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA, which offers KidSpa services, like a Vanilla Cupcakes and Sprinkles Manicure. Or, head to the luxury spa at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort for a Mayan Princess treatment, which includes a kids manicure, pedicure, glitter makeup and more.
5. Special Bedtime Services. Beyond turndown service, look to Winks’ Kidzzz Club at The Benjamin in New York for a special children’s pillow, kid-sized robes and a lending library of bedtime books. Little ones may also enjoy the milk and cookies bedtime service available at the Hayfield Manor in Cork City, Ireland. Kimpton Hotels even offer overnight visits with a goldfish as part of the “Guppy Love” program.