I’ve been here, there and everywhere it seems since mid-May, so I wanted to share with you ten of my favorite pictures from my travels (you can find these photos and more when you follow me on Instagram). Take a look:
1. In mid-May, I flew to Miami to attend the BlogHer Food conference for my day job. From my room at the Hilton Miami Downtown I could see all the cruise ships lined up, ready for new passengers to board for the week.
3. The sunsets in Turks & Caicos are fantastic. I took this picture on my last night at Beaches Turks & Caicos. I love having this picture to remember my stay at this beautiful resort.
4. One week later, I traveled to Ames, Iowa with my daughter so her team could compete in the Odyssey of the Mind World Finals at Iowa State University. We took this picture in a photo booth at the Creativity Festival.
6. A few days later, my husband had to go to a two-day class at the University of Virginia. Since UVA is my alma mater, I had to pay a visit to snap some shots of the grounds and the Rotunda.
7. In early-June, I took my oldest and my youngest to a nearby Chalk Festival. They had so much fun chalking up their designated spaces around Lake Anne Plaza.
8. I’d wanted to try out a Stray Boots family scavenger hunt for ages, and finally we had a chance to do so as we explored various museums in Washington, DC. I took this shot in the Sculpture Garden of the National Gallery of Art.
9. Over the weekend, we took a road trip to Atlanta for a wedding and had a great time visiting the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola and the Fernbank Museum of Natural History. I love this picture from below one of the massive tanks at the aquarium.
10. There’s so much to do in Atlanta, including taking a ride on the SkyView Atlanta Ferris Wheel. It’s across the street from Centennial Olympic Park and so close to many family-friendly attractions.
We’re gearing up for more summer travels later this month, so I look forward to sharing more photos from our travels soon. Enjoy your summer!