If you’re thinking about a trip to San Diego, now is the time to go since kids get in free at more than 100 museums, attractions and animal parks throughout the month of October. Kids even eat free at select restaurants across the San Diego area, including Hard Rock Café, Pinzimini and John’s Incredible Pizza Company. Take a look at the 10 best deals this month in San Diego:
1. San Diego Zoo: Take the kids to see elephants, giraffes and bears. They’ll love seeing all the animals, and best of all, any paying adult can bring along as many kids as they want and they’ll all get in free. The same offer is also available at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park in Escondido.
2. LEGOLAND California: Get a free Child Hopper Ticket with every paid Adult Hopper Ticket to LEGOLAND California and SEA LIFE Carlsbad Aquarium. This offer is only available online and you must purchase tickets at www.LEGOLAND.com/kidsgofree using promo code 13038.
3. SeaWorld San Diego: Get a free child admission (ages 3 to 9) when you purchase an adult ticket. You can either buy your tickets at the gate or online at www.seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-sandiego/Pages/kidsfree. No promo code is required if you book your tickets online.
4. Surf Diva Surf School: Kids ages 5 to 12 can get free surf lessons at Surf Diva Surf School in La Jolla when an adult also pays for a surf lesson. Just mention “Kids Surf Free” when you purchase your lesson.
5. San Diego Photography Tours: Kids ages 12 and under can take any photography tour for free when a parent or guardian pays to take a tour as well. What a great way to instill a love of photo-taking in your child.
6. Pacific Surfliner: If you have kids who love trains, this is a fun deal. Children ages two to 15 ride free on the Pacific Surfliner with each paid adult traveling to the Oceanside, San Diego Old Town and San Diego Santa Fe Downtown stations. Note: you must book reservations at least three days in advance.
7. Corvette Diner: Purchase any kids meal for a child who is 12 or younger and get a free $5 gamers garage card to play in the on-site arcade.
8. Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside: I love this “kids eat free” deal because up to four kids can get a free meal with each paying adult at the Point Loma Café. This is perfect for big families like mine.
9. San Diego Natural History Museum: With every paid adult, two children can enter the museum for free. Make sure to print out a coupon from the San Diego Museum Council website, which is also valid for use at nearly 40 other museums across San Diego throughout the month of October.
10. Hornblower Cruises: Up to two children can ride free on any one or two hour Harbor Cruise with each paid adult. Just purchase your tickets online on the Hornblower website and use promo code KIDSFREE.
Have you been to San Diego? What are some of your favorite things to do when you explore the area with your family? Let me know in the comments section below.
Photo Credit: ginger.jengibre