In less than two weeks, I know that many of you will be loading up your minivans and hopping on planes to be with family for the holidays. If you’re like me, you may wait until the eleventh hour to begin packing, so I know you’ll be able to use a little help and guidance. Take a look at more than 45 tips below to help you pack effectively and get to where you need to go with minimal stress and craziness.
1. Globetrotting Mama: How to Pack Light for Kids: Week Away
You’ll love Heather’s tips that range from keeping toys to a minimum to starting them young when it comes to teaching kids how to pack light.
2. Family Travel Magazine: Suitcase Packing Tips for Family Travel
I ran into Jodi two weeks ago at Disney’s Animal Kingdom of all places. She no doubt used the packing lists and carry-on bag strategies in this post to her benefit.
3. R We There Yet Mom: 10 Packing Tips for Travel with Little Ones
Rebecca has three kids, and while they may no longer need the umbrella stroller and baby powder she references in this post, I think moms with babies and toddlers will appreciate her spot-on packing tips.
4. Travel Mamas: Road Trip with Children Packing List for Safety & Sanity
I love this list of 10 must-haves for any car trip that Colleen put together to ensure my safety and sanity. On her list: scissors, a bucket and plastic bags. You’ll have to click through to find out why. 🙂
5. The Vacation Gals: Packing List for Avoiding Vacation Spoilers
Taking a new twist to the traditional “what to pack” list, Beth lists out what to pack in order to avoid potential vacation-destroyers, like sunburn, bedbugs and blisters.
6. Stuffed Suitcase: 5 Steps to Teach Your Kids How to Pack
What’s better than well-packed suitcases and carry-ons for your kids? Well-packed suitcases and carry-ons that they’ve packed themselves with minimal help from mom and dad. Love this, Kim.
7. Mama Momtourage: Packing Tips for Traveling with Kids
The packing strategy here relies largely on gallon-size Ziploc bags, so if you don’t have any in your house (as if), you may want to head out to the store for plastic bags and a pen to label each one.
8. Vagabonding: Tips for Packing Less When Traveling with Kids
Hey, I just met Rolf on Monday night and I didn’t even know it (honestly, it’s hard to forget a “Rolf”). Anyway, he has some great tips to help you choose wisely so you can travel lighter with kids.
Do you have any top tips for packing when you travel? Let me know in the comments section below.
Photo Credit: Highways Agency