I’ve taken my kids to Walt Disney World just twice so far, and I’m sure many of you have been to Walt Disney World many, many times. However, I bet there are some Disney secrets that will catch you by surprise. Take a look at the eight Disney secrets about the Magic Kingdom that I dug up from across the web.
1. You Can Sleep in Cinderella’s Castle. Yes, in fact, my friend Andrea at Savings Lifestyle did just that two years ago when she won an overnight stay in the Castle Suite during the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. Originally meant to serve as an apartment for Walt Disney and his family, the suite is now reserved for charities and events, and of course, Suri Cruise.
2. There is an Extensive Underground Tunnel System. Have you ever seen two Mickeys walking around at Magic Kingdom? Or, have you spotted any of the princesses in Tomorrowland? Nope. That’s because there’s a vast tunnel system under the entire park, so cast members can get where they need to go without ruining the magic. Even better, you can tour these tunnels as part of Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I love Disney secrets and can’t wait to go on this tour myself.
3. You Can Wake Up Tinker Bell at Her Store. Head to Tinker Bell’s Fairy Treasures when the park opens. The lucky guest who’s the first to make the request to wake up Tinker Bell will be able to ring a special bell to see her flutter around the store then appear in a window behind the primary cash register.
4. You Won’t Need to Walk More Than 30 Feet to Find a Trash Can. So the story goes, Walt Disney himself went to other theme parks to evaluate how long a guest would hold onto a piece of trash before dropping it on the ground. He came up with 30 steps and so now you won’t need to walk more than 30 feet before finding a trash can on the property.
5. First-Timers Get Free Buttons. First trip to Walt Disney World? Then, head to the Guest Relations office and let them know to receive a free button to wear proclaiming your first-time status. You can also get free buttons if you’re celebrating a birthday or an anniversary.
6. Your Best View of the Fireworks is on the Tomorrowland Terrace. While most guests will clamor for Main Street to watch the fireworks show, grab some seats on the Tomorrowland Terrace. You’ll be one of only a handful of guests, Tinker Bell will fly right over your heads and you’ll have a fantastic view of the fireworks display.
7. You Can Get the Recipes for Favorite Meals. If you ate something that you really liked at Liberty Tree Tavern or Main Street Bakery, just ask a cast member who will gladly share the recipe with you. You can also find official Walt Disney World recipes at various websites, including AllEars.net, which includes recipes from the resorts, parks and the cruise line. Yummy Disney secrets are the best.
8. Sweet-Smelling Air is Pumped into the Parks. Courtesy of Disney’s Air Smellitizer, sweet, delicious scents of cooking food and tasty treats are pumped into Main Street, USA at Magic Kingdom. You’ll also find water and leather scents over at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. These smells help create the perfect Disney atmosphere. No wonder it smells so good in the Disney parks.
On a budget? You will want to check out my list of Free Things to Do at Walt Disney World!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. However, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.