It’s Saturday and I’m in Atlanta attending a conference for food bloggers. I’ve never actually blogged about food but I’ve been talking to lots and lots of bloggers on behalf of my office job at ZipList. In the meantime, I hope you’ll enjoy this week’s round up of the best of the family travel blogs.
- Over on the Oyster Blog, you can take a look at family-friendly hotels for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. Among their picks, the Affinia 50 in New York and the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC.
- Stop by Road Trips for Families to find the top-10 summer festivals for families. Among their favorites are National Kidsfest in Branson, MO and Boomsday in Knoxville, TN. Many are a free or low-cost way to entertain the kids when on travel.
- If you’re looking for hotel discounts, Six Suitcase Travel has the scoop on big summer savings at hotel chains across the country, including Best Western and Choice Hotels.
- Travel Savvy Mom has a great post this week on how to create fun travel goody pages for kids. So perfect for summer road trips!
- Head to Travels with Children for a nice post on great online travel tools that make it easy to plan a family vacation. You’ll find a bunch of links to get travel guidebooks, as well as key sites like Google Maps and Roadside America for finding quirky stops along the way.
Have you seen any other great posts on family road trips this week? Or, better, do you have any tips to share for other families thinking about taking a road trip this summer. I’d love to hear from you.