It’s Saturday and we’ve got a busy weekend planned. No travel, but lots of soccer, birthday parties and my daughter’s First Holy Communion. I hope you can get out there and explore in my place. Road trips may not be on your mind now, but if you’ve got one planned for this summer, I think you’ll enjoy this week’s round-up of the best of the family travel blogs.
- The Family Vacation travel blog at ShermansTravel.com has a great post this week on 10 family travel medicine kit essentials. Among the must-haves are butterfly bandages, probiotics and hand sanitizer. Great tips
- Nobody likes a restaurant meltdown, especially when you’re on vacation. Fortunately, Road Trips for Families has a great post on 10 apps to avoid meltdowns when eating out with kids. Most are available for both iPhone and Android.
- Check out these 12 tips for planning a successful road trip over on Trekaroo. Among the best tips, books on tape, keep the kids entertained (toys, toys!) and pre-program your GPS, because nobody likes to get lost.
- Young Urban Moms has a similar post this week on ways to survive your family road trip. Lots of great tips here too. My favorite tip: “Have food…lots of food.” This is my kind of family travel trip!
- Get your kicks on Route 66. If you’re headed that way this summer, check this post over on Uptake on all the must-see roadside attractions on Route 66. Lots of great links to maps, history and attractions.
Have you seen any other great posts on family road trips this week? Or, better, do you have any tips to share for other families thinking about taking a road trip this summer. I’d love to hear from you.