Two years ago, my kids and I spent the day at LEGOLAND Florida. This was our first visit and, as you can imagine, it was awesome. We loved everything – the rides, the shows, the attractions – even the fact that LEGOLAND Florida has more than 180 benches, each made from 800 recycled milk jugs. Awesome.
So, as you can imagine, we were beyond excited to be able to stay the weekend at the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida about a month ago. The hotel was six months from completion when we were at the theme park in late-2014, and of course, it had been on my mind ever since.
There’s no question that the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida lived up to my expectations (they have a disco elevator…need I say more…). Take a look at 10 things about the LEGOLAND Hotel in Florida that make it so incredibly awesome.
1. There’s an In-Room Scavenger Hunt. When we first entered our hotel room, the kids were greeted with a short scavenger hunt. Use the clues in the room to solve puzzles and open the safe. Inside the safe, kids will find juice boxes, snacks and small packets of LEGO sets.
2. The Free Breakfast Buffet is Amazing. A hot breakfast buffet comes with your stay at the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida. It’s not make-your-own waffles and blueberry muffins. Instead you’ll find a massive spread of hot foods including omelets, potatoes, French toast and fruit cups. And oh so much bacon. Yum.
3. The LEGOLAND Times is a Must-Read. The first morning of your stay, look for a copy of – not USA Today – but The LEGOLAND Times outside your front door. It looks like an actual newspaper and has all kinds of LEGO-related “news” stories inside. Don’t forget to bring it downstairs to breakfast.
4. The Hotel is *This* Close to LEGOLAND. Seriously, it’s like 50 feet away. No shuttle bus. No need to drive and park. I literally could have gone back to my hotel room to use the bathroom if I didn’t want to use the restrooms in the park. We were that close to the hotel.
5. You’ll Be Awed by the Themed Rooms. At the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida, there are four different themed rooms, including Pirate, Adventure, Kingdom and LEGO Friends. We had a Kingdom themed room. The bunk beds, the shower curtain, the “surveillance video.” The room was so well thought-out.
6. You Can Book Mindstorms Classes from the Hotel. No need to go into the park to book one of the Mindstorms workshops that let you build computerized LEGO robots. You can book from the kiosk in the hotel lobby. No need to worry about classes getting booked up before you reach the Imagination Zone.
7. There is a Disco Elevator. The elevator is cute and colorful, what I would expect from the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida. When the doors open, typical elevator music plays. But…when the elevator doors close, it’s a whole new scene. The lights dim, the disco ball spins and “YMCA” starts to play. So. Much. Fun.
8. You Can Make S’mores. Did I have you at s’mores? Yum. On the property of the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida, there’s a fire pit and staff are out there every night with marshmallow-roasting sticks. You can buy a s’mores kit from the Bricks restaurant for $10. Totally worth it.
9. You’ll Enjoy Early Entrance. Guests of the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida enjoy early entrance to the theme park. That means you get in 30 minutes before every other guest. While not every ride is open before the official park opening, you can take a spin or two on the Lost Kingdom Adventure before everyone else.
10. There are Free Character Meet & Greets. Check the schedule when you arrive to find out when the characters come out to play. During the morning hours, LEGO characters meet and greet breakfast guests in the restaurant at 9 am.
Ready to book a stay at the LEGOLAND Hotel Florida? Check the latest nightly rates and get more details.
Disclaimer: My kids and I were overnight guests of the LEGOLAND Hotel in Florida. However, I was not paid for this article and all opinions expressed here are my own.