It’s been a bit hot this summer here in Washington, DC, I guess to make up for all the snow we didn’t get this year. We’ve had quite a few days at or above 90 degrees, which makes it hard to enjoy being outside. But when we do get cooler days, there’s nothing better than taking the kids to the park. Any park will do, big or small. It’s just fun to run around.
So I was excited to see that Homes.com released a list of the Top 10 Perfect Parks in America. Take a look at this list and let me know what you think. Did any of your top picks make the list?
3. Recreation Park (Williams, AZ): The perfect spot for the entire family, you’ll find a rec center, skate park, swim center and even a six-hoop basketball court.
4. Freedom Park (Charlotte, NC): No matter what sport is your favorite, you’ll find a field for it here, whether it’s tennis, baseball or basketball. You’ll also find a sandbox and a gigantic jungle gym.
5. Hermann Park (Houston, TX): Boy, does this park have everything you might want, including a zoo, an outdoor theater, Japanese garden, children’s playground and wooded picnic areas.
6. Cheesman Park (Denver, CO): A popular park for joggers, this park is also a favorite among kids with its large playground with swings and slides.
7. Fairmount Park (Philadelphia, PA): The largest city-owned park in the world, this park includes 63 neighboring parks, as well as picnic spots, golf courses and a skate park.
8. Griffith Park (Los Angeles, CA): Home to museums and hiking trails, you’ll also find the LA Zoo located inside the park. Kids will love the merry-go-round and the outdoor performances, too.
9. Suson Park (St. Louis, MO): You’ll find a large playground, a lake for fishing, and even a working animal farm that kids will love, complete with horses, pigs, cows and chickens.
10. Cuyahoga Valley National Park (Cleveland, OH): This is a great park for hiking, biking and climbing, but your kids may love the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad that runs through the park the most.
What do you like to do when you take your kids to the park? Let me know in the comments section below.
Photo Credit: sanfrancisco2005